What is an important safety precaution that should be taken during a tornado Brainly?
Although there is no completely safe place during a tornado, some locations are much safer than others. Go to the basement or an inside room without windows on the lowest floor (bathroom, closet, center hallway). Avoid windows. For added protection get under something sturdy (a heavy table or workbench).
Which is an important safety precaution that should be taken during a tornado stay away from doors and windows?
If you are in a house
Go to the basement or take shelter in a small interior ground floor room such as a bathroom, closet or hallway. If you have no basement, protect yourself by taking shelter under a heavy table or desk. In all cases, stay away from windows, outside walls and doors.
Which safety measures should you follow during a thunderstorm check all that apply?
Stay away from windows and doors and stay off porches. If you hear the sound of thunder, go to a safe place immediately. The best place to go is a sturdy building or a car, but make sure the windows in the car are shut. Avoid sheds, picnic areas, baseball dugouts and bleachers.
Which is an important safety measure that should be taken during a hurricane move away from windows seek shelter in a ditch or low-lying area go to?
Answer: Avoid low-lying areas. If your home is on low ground, go to a shelter. If you are inside, move away from windows. Explanation: Low-lying areas are flood zones.
Which is one characteristic of hurricanes?
Hurricanes are massive weather systems characterized by their wind speed, rotation and progression. Hurricanes often last for more than a week, moving 10 to 20 miles per hour before dying out. They intensify as they move by collecting heat and energy from the ocean.
Which condition causes storms to occur?
To form, these storms require three basic ingredients: Moisture, unstable air and lift. Moisture in the air typically comes from the oceans—and areas near warm ocean currents evaporate lots of moisture into the air. Moisture in the air is also responsible for making clouds.
What are the safety precautions for hurricanes?
DURING A HURRICANE:
- Stay away from low-lying and flood prone areas.
- Always stay indoors during a hurricane, because strong winds will blow things around.
- Leave mobile homes and to go to a shelter.
- If your home isn’t on higher ground, go to a shelter.
- If emergency managers say to evacuate, then do so immediately.
How can I protect my baby during a tornado?
Keeping your baby warm and close will provide extra protection for your baby. If it is medically necessary to feed your baby infant formula during a disaster, ready-to-feed formula is recommended. Clean water may not be available for mixing with powdered formula or for cleaning bottles and nipples.
How can kids stay safe during a tornado?
DURING A TORNADO:
- Go to a basement.
- If you do not have a basement, go to an interior room without windows on the lowest floor such as a bathroom or closet.
- If you can, get under a sturdy piece of furniture, like a table.
- If you live in a mobile home get out. …
- Get out of automobiles.
What safety measures should be taken during lightning and thunderstorm Class 8?
Safety measures during a lightning strike
- Stay indoors and away from open windows.
- Disconnect electronic devices.
- Do not use wired devices.
- Avoid running water/shower.
- We can take shelter in vehicles.
- Avoid trees and take a crouching position.
- Install lightning conductors on tall buildings.
Which important indoor safety measures should be taken during a thunderstorm quizlet?
Which important indoor safety measure should be taken during a thunderstorm? Move away from windows. What are the characteristics of continental tropical air masses? They have warm, dry air.
What precautions should you take while lightning?
Tips for surviving lightning.
- Avoid being outdoors. …
- Do not take shelter under a tall tree. …
- Avoid being at high altitudes. …
- Know the types of lightning strikes. …
- Do not lie down on the ground. …
- Avoid fences and wires. …
- Keep those feet together. …
- What to do if a strike is imminent?