What precautions should be taken after cyclone?
Below are NDMA’s recommended safety measures:
- Ignore rumours, Stay calm, Don’t panic.
- Keep your mobile phones charged for emergency communication; use SMS.
- Listen to the radio, watch TV, read newspapers for weather updates.
- Keep cattle/animals untied to ensure their safety.
What will you do before during and after a cyclone?
Prepare with disaster supplies such as flashlight and extra batteries, candles, first aid kit and manual, emergency dry food items and drinking water, essential medicines, cash and credit cards and sturdy shoes.
What precautions would you take if you are staying in a cyclone hit area Class 7?
As an individual, when cyclone or a tornado strikes, take shelter under tables, bow down and protect head and neck using arms. Keep away from water in cyclone-hit areas as the water might be contaminated. Stay inside houses. Should not ignore warnings from meteorological department.
How can we protect ourselves from cyclones?
Stay indoors, preferably in the strongest part of your house. Keep evacuation and emergency kits with you. If the building starts to break up, protect yourself with mattresses, rugs or blankets under a strong table or bench or hold onto a solid fixture, e.g. a water pipe.
Which of the following should not be done after cyclone?
Answer: If the centre of the cyclone is passing directly over your house there will be a lull in the wind and rain lasting for half and hour or so. During this time do not go out; because immediately after that very strong winds will blow from the opposite direction. Switch off electrical mains in your house.
What are the precautions to be taken during a thunderstorm Class 7?
Precautions To be Taken During a Thunderstorm
(1) We should not sit near a window during lightning. Open garages, storage sheds and metal sheds are also not safe places to take shelter during lightning. (2) We should not take shelter under an umbrella with a metallic end during lightning.
What precautions will you take during a thunderstorm if you are outside your house?
Stay away from exterior windows and doors that might contain metal components leading from outside your home to the inside. Stay off balconies, porches and out of open garages or carports. Do not lie on concrete floors or lean against concrete walls.
What are the safety measures taken by government during Cyclone?
Effective safety measures against a cyclone
- To be taken by the Government: Constructing cyclone centres in the cyclone-prone areas. Making arrangements to relocate people during cyclones. Providing information about a cyclone, and warning people, fishermen, ships, ports, airlines etc. …
- To be taken by people themselves: