What are three safety tips to follow if a severe thunderstorm is approaching?
The most important things to remember are:
- GET IN – If you are outside, get inside. If you’re already inside, get as far into the middle of the building as possible.
- GET DOWN – Get underground if possible. …
- COVER UP – Flying and falling debris are a storm’s number one killer.
What safety precautions should you follow during a thunderstorm quizlet?
Stay away from windows and doors and stay off porches. If you hear the sound of thunder, go to a safe place immediately. The best place to go is a sturdy building or a car, but make sure the windows in the car are shut. Avoid sheds, picnic areas, baseball dugouts and bleachers.
What safety measures should be taken during lightning and thunderstorm any 5?
Tips for surviving lightning.
- Avoid being outdoors. …
- Do not take shelter under a tall tree. …
- Avoid being at high altitudes. …
- Know the types of lightning strikes. …
- Do not lie down on the ground. …
- Avoid fences and wires. …
- Keep those feet together. …
- What to do if a strike is imminent?
What should I do during thunderstorm?
Stay Safe During Thunderstorms & Lightning
- When thunder roars, go indoors! Move from outdoors into a building or car with a roof.
- Pay attention to alerts and warnings.
- Avoid using electronic devices connected to an electrical outlet.
- Avoid running water.
- Turn Around. Don’t Drown! Do not drive through flooded roadways.
What precautions would you take if lightning occurs while you are outside the house?
If you are outside, seek refuge in a car or grounded building when lightning or thunder begins. If you are caught outside away from a building or car, stay clear of water bodies and tall objects like trees. Find a low spot or depression and crouch down as low as possible, but don’t lie down on the ground.
Which is an important safety precaution that should be taken during a tornado quizlet?
stay away from windows and doors. ✔ go to the basement. lie in a ditch or low-lying area. X stay alert for tornado warnings.
Which is one weather event that can cause damage during a thunderstorm?
Many hazardous weather events are associated with thunderstorms. Under the right conditions, rainfall from thunderstorms causes flash flooding, killing more people each year than hurricanes, tornadoes or lightning. Lightning is responsible for many fires around the world each year, and causes fatalities.
What precautions should be taken during a thunderstorm Class 7?
Precautions To be Taken During a Thunderstorm
(1) We should not sit near a window during lightning. Open garages, storage sheds and metal sheds are also not safe places to take shelter during lightning. (2) We should not take shelter under an umbrella with a metallic end during lightning.
Do and don’ts during thunderstorm?
Stay away from windows and doors, and stay off porches. Do not lie on concrete floors and do not lean against concrete walls. Avoid natural lightning rods such as a tall, isolated tree in an open area. Avoid hilltops, open fields, the beach or a boat on the water.