What are the safety measures to be taken during Cyclone?
Below are NDMA’s recommended safety measures:
- Ignore rumours, Stay calm, Don’t panic.
- Keep your mobile phones charged for emergency communication; use SMS.
- Listen to the radio, watch TV, read newspapers for weather updates.
- Keep cattle/animals untied to ensure their safety.
What precautions should be taken before and during a cyclone?
Wear strong shoes (not thongs) and tough clothing for protection. Lock doors; turn off power, gas, and water; take your evacuation and emergency kits. If evacuating inland (out of town), take pets and leave early to avoid heavy traffic, flooding and wind hazards.
What is a cyclone and write three safety measures against cyclone?
In case of a Cyclone or a Tornado, following are the safety measures to be taken on behalf of government and people: Government should forecast cyclones 24 hours in advance with the help of satellites and radars. … Keep away from water in cyclone-hit areas as the water might be contaminated. Stay inside houses.
How can we prepare for cyclone?
During cyclone, people are advised to keep windows and doors of their house shut and switch off electrical mains and gas supply, it said. “If your house is unsafe, leave early before the onset of a cyclone,” the NDMA said. The National Disaster Management Authority also advised people to drink boiled/chlorinated water.
What precautions should be taken during a thunderstorm Class 7?
Precautions To be Taken During a Thunderstorm
(1) We should not sit near a window during lightning. Open garages, storage sheds and metal sheds are also not safe places to take shelter during lightning. (2) We should not take shelter under an umbrella with a metallic end during lightning.