Which Marine factor contributes to the formation of hurricanes?
Warm ocean waters and thunderstorms fuel power-hungry hurricanes. Hurricanes form over the ocean, often beginning as a tropical wave—a low pressure area that moves through the moisture-rich tropics, possibly enhancing shower and thunderstorm activity.
How do you control a hurricane?
If a hurricane is likely in your area, you should:
- Listen to the radio or TV for information.
- Secure your home, close storm shutters, and secure outdoor objects or bring them indoors.
- Turn off utilities if instructed to do so. …
- Turn off propane tanks. …
- Moor your boat if time permits.
What conditions are required for a hurricane to form quizlet?
Three conditions required for hurricane formation are relatively high sea-surface temperatures, Adequate Coriolis Effect and weak winds aloft.